Friday, April 29, 2005
- Name: Aussiegirl
I am a naturalized Ukrainian-American, fortunate enough to have been admitted to this great land as an immigrant. My personal history is the spur for this blog. My parents lived through the Ukrainian Genocidal Famine of 1933, survived years of Communist persecution, fled to the West, endured forced labor in Nazi Germany, and following liberation, ended up in Allied internment camps fighting forced repatriation to the Soviet Union under the Yalta Agreement. Their courageous struggle to bring our family to freedom, first to Australia, then to America, and their example of unflinching faithfulness to truth and honor, have left an indelible impression on me. My parents did not save me from Communism and Nazism for me to go gently into dhimmitude or slavery. Hence my passion and my mission to expose threats to freedom and democracy wherever they are found. This blog is a testament to their courage and my small gift to their heroism. ***ADDENDUM*** Aussiegirl, my wife, Helen, passed away on January 13, 2007. I shall continue her blog to allow access to her archives.***David
- Deconstructing Putin's speech
- Dear God!! How much death, grief and suffering can...
- Chornobyl means wormwood in Ukrainian
- False hopes breed shattered dreams
- Hark!! Do I hear the sound of distant Russian sab...
- Russia refuses to extradite wanted Ukrainian
- Ukrainian woman and others honored in Washington
- THE ORANGE REVOLUTION WAS AN EXPLOSION OF HOPE
- Palm Sunday or Willow Sunday
- Pope Benedict XVI holds his first press op