Ultima Thule

In ancient times the northernmost region of the habitable world - hence, any distant, unknown or mysterious land.

Monday, October 18, 2004

What's deep red, and sparkles and warms a woman's heart?

By BonnieBlueFlag

The Gift

Very recently I was given a gaily colored gift bag, by a dear long time close friend. The gift was so unexpected, it wasn't my birthday, or any other special occasion that would immediately come to mind. Had I forgotten some mutual anniversary date, a holiday that called for a gift exchange? No, it was simply a gift from a special friend.

After the initial delightful surprise of someone thinking of me in such a special way, I quickly removed the tissue paper only to be even more excited, by a gift like no other that I had ever received.

I gasped with joy as my eyes fell upon the exquisite deep ruby red color of the article in my hand. It was adorned by an array of stars. A large distinctive monogrammed initial placed ever so carefully as to be both practical, as well as envied by all who would gaze upon this Object d'art.

The monogram, though not my own, inspired such feelings of patriotism, affection and admiration that I exclaimed with glee,

"Oh, how wonderful, a bottle of "W" America's Ketchup!"

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Aussiegirl said...

BonnieB -- I think you just saved that man's entire relationship!! Good for you!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home