Ultima Thule

In ancient times the northernmost region of the habitable world - hence, any distant, unknown or mysterious land.

Friday, October 01, 2004

The Debate

OK -- It's over - and thank goodness for that. I frankly, am not as upset as other Bush partisans seem to be.

Kerry struck me as pompous, condescending, harping, carping, criticizing and he STILL didn't tell us his 4 point plan for Iraq!! He suggested we visit his website!! Idiot!! -- tell me now - I'm not going to visit your website to find out a 4 point plan -- you can tell me now!!

Bush was sincere, direct, personal and engaged -- and he talked to the camera. Kerry lectured and droned. Frankly, Lehrer's questions were awful and by the end of 30 minutes I thought that most people would be tuning out right about now.
Kerry had a strange, disconnected and completely bizarre habit of nodding his head and smiling as if in total agreement every time Bush mentioned all his flip-flops and contradictory statements and votes. That was completely strange.

Bush looked sincere. That's the bottom line. When he talked about how heavy the burden is of sending troops into harm's way he was very moving. It was probably a wash - and no one learned anything they didn't already know. I'm not even going to bother to watch the rest of the debates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home