Ultima Thule

In ancient times the northernmost region of the habitable world - hence, any distant, unknown or mysterious land.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

This is all you need to know -- I killed him because he was an infidel

By Aussiegirl

When are we going to believe these people when they come right out and tell us the truth? They do not hate us because we are rich, or because we are at war in Iraq, or because we oppress them -- WE ARE THE INFIDEL AND MUST BE KILLED OR CONVERTED!!
I cannot feel for you ...[he said to the mother of the victim] because I believe you are an infidel. I acted out of conviction -- not because I hated your son.


The man accused of killing Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh confessed to a Dutch court that he acted out of his religious beliefs, saying he would do "exactly the same" if he were ever set free.

"I take complete responsibility for my actions. I acted purely in the name of my religion," 27-year-old Dutch-Moroccan national Mohammed Bouyeri told the court in Amsterdam on the final day of his trial.
Prosecutor Frits van Straelen demanded a life sentence for Bouyeri for killing Van Gogh on an Amsterdam street on November 2, 2004. He recalled the particular brutality of the murder in broad daylight saying Bouyeri not only shot Van Gogh 15 times but also stabbed him and finally slit his throat.

According to the prosecutor the murder of Van Gogh, an outspoken columnist who often criticised Islam and the multi-cultural society, deeply shocked Dutch society.

. . . Bouyeri, who had refused to say anything about his motives during the trial, took the opportunity to make a final statement.

"I can assure you that one day, should I be set free, I would do exactly the same, exactly the same," he said, speaking slowly in sometimes halted Dutch.

He said he felt an obligation to Van Gogh's mother Anneke, present in court, to speak, but offered no sympathy.

"I have to admit I do not feel for you, I do not feel your pain, I cannot -- I don't know what it is like to lose a child," he said as Van Gogh's family and friends looked on.

"I cannot feel for you ... because I believe you are an infidel," he added.
"I acted out of conviction -- not because I hated your son."

Van Gogh's mother listened quietly as Bouyeri, wearing a Palestinian black and white headscarf, spoke with a hint of admiration for her son.

"I cannot accuse your son of hypocrisy because he was not a hypocrite. He said things out of conviction," Bouyeri said of Van Gogh.

Bouyeri told the prosecutor that he concurred with the charges against him and the demand for a life sentence -- a sentence which holds no possibility of parole in the Netherlands.

Several months before he was killed Van Gogh, a distant relative of 19th-century painter Vincent van Gogh, had directed a short film called "Submission", which linked abuse of women to Islam.

A letter was left on his body that included quotations from the Koran and threats to several Dutch politicians, including Somali-born lawmaker Ayaan Hirsi Ali, who wrote the script for "Submission".

4 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least Bouyeri, despite being a savage, was a lot more honest with himself and the court. You and your fellow leftists, dadahead, cannot not seem to get past feeling that "it has to be something we did that makes them hate us". You need to get hold of a copy of the Koran and see what it really says concerning treatment of the infidel (ANYONE who is not Muslim). It should be a genuine copy as well, not the showpiece that's usually presented to useful idiots. You would see, if you care to, that it is quite explicit in it's commands to slay or enslave the Jew, the Christian, or any infidel. This is NOT a put-upon peaceful religion. It's a savage vicious religion that has not changed since it was first created around mid 500 AD.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Hey, Morris, great comment -- thanks for backing up an ex-Aussie Sheila -- fair dinkum (you know I left there when I was 9 and I never used this lingo -- so I will have to admit I picked it all up from movies -- you all probably don't really talk that way.)

Send me your URL -- the link that I go to when I click on your name doesn't have a link to your blog -- just your photo. So what's Perth like? I lived in Dee Why, north of Sydney when I was there as a child. Great beach there -- many happy memories. Loved all the Aussies -- they were great to me and my family -- we were immigrants after WWII. Lived in Cowra when we first arrived - the old Japanese prison camp. It's famous because there was a prison break by the Japanese there during the war.

 
At 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Timothy: Agreed, except I don't think they really distinguish between liberal, conservative, or apolitical.

 
At 10:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I posted the "anonymous" comment - forget to check the right circle, sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home