Ultima Thule

In ancient times the northernmost region of the habitable world - hence, any distant, unknown or mysterious land.

Friday, September 24, 2004

Call him irresponsible

One never knows what little tidbit currently in the news might bring a vagrant memory to mind.

Today we learned that Bob Burkette (pronounced Bucket), CBS's "unimpeachable source", is spilling his guts to a Texas newspaper and claiming that Joe Lockhart tried to convince him to give them the documents. So obviously, CBS is going to have to quickly shift gears and call their previously "unimpeachable" source an "unreliable" witness.

And the strains of a wonderful old long-forgotten tune spring to mind, to wit:

Call Me Irresponsible

Lyrics by: Sammy Cahn
Music by: Jimmy Van Heusen
From the Film: Papa's Delicate Condition 1963 (M)

Call me irresponsible - call me unreliable, throw in undependable too
Do my foolish alibis bore you, well I'm not too clever - I just adore you
Call me unpredictable - tell me I'm impractical, rainbows I'm inclined to pursue
Call me irresponsible - yes I'm unreliable,
But it's undeniably true - I'm irresponsibly mad
(for you)

What perfect lyrics!! I hereby offer them to Bob Burkette as his theme song -- just leave off the last two words and it could have been written especially with him in mind.

(They don't write 'em like they used to, do they??)


2 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Given hin penchantof seizures and possible nervous breakdowns, I would like to offer an alternate theme:

They're coming to take me away.~ha ha~
They're coming to take me away.~ha ha, ho ho, hee hee, ha ha~
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
And they're coming to take me away, ha ha!

Lyrics by Napoleon XIV

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Hahaha -- I think you're right JRob!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home