Ultima Thule

In ancient times the northernmost region of the habitable world - hence, any distant, unknown or mysterious land.

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Test

Now Cabanaboy graciously sent me the HTML tags to use in order to be able to display just the name of the publication rather than typing in the URL of a link. I am now about to roll up my sleeves and attempt this fantastic feat of cyber-legerdemain -- ahem ---

HREF="http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=3866">American Thinker

My fear is -- that all the gobblydegook I typed will appear nonetheless. So -- let's see.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Blogger Aussiegirl said...

Thanks for the hint -- I did type a less-than sign and an "A" and then a space before the "href", but for some reason that didn't display on the post -- and then after the American Thinker I typed a less than sign, a slash, an "a" and a greater-than sign -- which was the code given in the HTML site called learn HTML. It's also what Cabanaboy told me to write -- but I must still be doing something wrong. Personally, I think it's just one of those magnetic things - you know - like some people can't wear watches because they always break down - I think that's what it is with me and computer code. I think fondly of the old hammer and chisel days. Give me an old cuneiform tablet and a stylus any day -- at least you can smash the results with some satisfaction. I'll try again when my ears stop smoking in a few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home